Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sicky Gnar Gnar

After a shaky ride in the ol' red suburban we had made our way to Ten Sleep. The hike up all the way to the Superattic was absolute fun as always. Amanda jumped on a 9 for her first lead ever which was super cool because she didn't get psyched out up on route. Then we made our way to the Great white Behemoth a 12b I had done last time. Gave a warm up lap then waited....
After sufficient waiting I jumped on He Biggum. Sadly though it was still in the sun so at one point I just couldn't see where to go. That run ended up just being one to hang the draws. I then watched Dominick Speranza jump on great white behemoth. He made it to the top and had it figured out. Since he's more of a boulderer(?) he was pumped silly. I then hopped back on He Biggum and sent. Oh so sick. Then I sent Canadian Jackhammer second go. I'm so stoked for ropes now. bouldering doesn't even have extreme appeal now. but come time it will. Besides I'm going bouldering today.

1 comment:

wyclimber said...

Congrats Kerrek! Your first .14a. Now go climb something hard!! Routes in the Temple are the sickiest of Gnar Gnar.