Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nats please

So nationals this weekend, although I would have loved to climb outside this weekend being that it was 40 degrees in cody this weekend, I absolutely loved this weekend.. mixed feelings for after the comp, but not because of the comp. We arrived in DC, we being me and my mom, on thursday. Quite frankly I should have jumped off the DC plane and kissed the ground for the fact that I made it there with the recent conditions of record snowfall in the area. In minneapolis we met up with Amanda, my girlfriend, and i was lucky enough to get to sit next to her on the way to DC. Once in DC we were picked up by my moms grade school friend Mandy, her nickname- shes an amanda too, we went to hotel monaco in downtown alexandria. It was fun, that night we cruised the main street to get the lay of the land and find dinner. The next day was drive by touring of DC. The only museum we went to was the holocaust museum. Fascinating. The only other one I would have been really interested to see was the air and space museum. Then we went and saw memorials. Their just not that amazing. I didnt interact with them. They didnt educate me. They were just there. They are beautiful, dont get me wrong. But it feels like glorifying what we've accomplished. How does that matter in the now? Im sure it does just there are better things. At least they get america walking to and fro haha. But going to see the lincoln memorial being on the hit and run tour we were dropped off at the handicapped area by Mandy and ran up to snap some photos. In the 5 minutes that took the security guards were onto her. so we ran back and booked it. That night we went and checked into the the hotel and checked in for the comp. Now I must go help pack, we are still in DC I think I have free time at the airport for a lil' blogging if not I will try to get on soon. I am getting better I will admit. Dont Jinx

No comments: