Thursday, February 18, 2010

the rest

The fourth route... It started with a dyno followed by an awkward move to what i would like to call quite the bad sloper. that went out to a positive crimp then crossed into a bubbly red white and blue feature from there you gastoned above you and then reached out to the right to gaston with your other hand. Dropped your left right below to a sidepull and threw to the finish jug. After many tries in that five minutes I finally made it to the last move where I threw to the final jug. My grip failed me but i was exhilarated. The route was absolutely beautiful all the way through. I found out later that day I was in second with Joshua Levin leading. The next day came fast I woke up early planning on being there close after iso's opening. That was bad on my part I ended up warming up a little too much. Excuses excuses. I went out to the first problem, my first mess up. I did not flash it but second try I walked up it. The second route was a flash another steep route. The third, a slab. My greatest fear. My biggest weakness. It took me three tries to complete it at this point I was freaked out I knew I had lost my high standing. It was my fault I had been indecisive and messed up. I was amazed I had done it though because I thought it was a very challenging route. Then the fourth route, another beauty. It moved up a slightly overhanging wall onto a arete then became steeper. Everyone was making it to the same spot. Now if this sounded all negative I am sending the wrong vibe. I was disappointed with the fact I could have done better. I still loved it. It was great and eighth isnt bad right :) well now it is my turn to complain haha. The routes for finals truthfully were not what they should have been right once I was done I felt like this. Each route had concrete cruxes which is not how competition routes like this should be. What I think is proof to this idea is the four way tie that occurred in the top ten. ill post the results after this. But it just didnt feel like a fair ending. so be it though. I cant wait to climb outside. and I get to reset the seventy at our gym that might not be going into complete decay hurray yay yay yay. Thats it for now. Peace.

No comments: